Whether you are building an enterprise web portal or a state-of-the-art website, you always need the right modern tools. Well-built and maintained PHP frameworks provide those tools maintained PHP frameworks provide
- Project Name :Creative Template Design
- Category :Graphics Design / Web Design
- Client :Bara Kobama
- Complete Date :01 March, 2020
- Skills :Photoshop / Illustrator
N2N Solutions, a leading technology solutions provider, was enlisted by Downer, a global engineering, construction, and maintenance company, to upgrade their existing SharePoint-based Document Management System (DMS) known as The Downer Standards (TDS) application.
The goal was to migrate documents and associated version history from the TDS system to a new Document Bank solution. This case study outlines how N2N Solutions successfully achieved this objective by providing a Senior Business Analyst (BA) resource with expertise and skills in SharePoint and document management.
Downer is a renowned company that operates across various sectors, including transport, utilities, mining, and engineering, with a vast portfolio of projects. The existing TDS application served as their primary document management system, but it required an upgrade to enhance functionality, streamline processes, and facilitate better collaboration across teams.
The challenges faced by Downer included outdated technology, limited scalability, and the need for improved document management features. N2N Solutions was tasked with the following objectives:
- Upgrade the existing TDS application to the new Document Bank solution.
- Migrate documents and associated version history seamlessly.
- Implement streamlined processes for document review, approval, next review cycle, archival, and feedback.
- Integrate Power BI dashboard for generating reports and insights on document status.
N2N Solutions assigned a Senior Business Analyst (BA) resource who possessed extensive experience in SharePoint and document management systems. The BA closely collaborated with the Downer team to understand their specific requirements and design a tailored solution. The following steps were undertaken:
- Requirement Gathering: The BA conducted in-depth discussions with stakeholders to capture their needs and identify pain points. This involved understanding the existing TDS application’s limitations and gathering insights for improvement.
- System Analysis and Design: Based on the gathered requirements, the BA performed a comprehensive analysis of the existing system. This analysis helped in designing an upgraded solution that addressed the limitations of the TDS application. The BA worked closely with the development team to outline the technical specifications and architecture of the Document Bank solution.
- Migration Strategy: To ensure a smooth transition, the BA developed a detailed migration strategy that encompassed document categorization, metadata mapping, version control, and data integrity validation. The strategy included a phased approach to minimize disruption to ongoing operations.
- Process Streamlining: The BA collaborated with the Downer team to identify process bottlenecks and areas of improvement. Streamlined processes were defined, incorporating due for reviewal, approval workflows, next review cycle notifications, archival procedures, and feedback mechanisms.
- Power BI Integration: A key enhancement was the integration of Power BI to provide real-time reports and insights about document statuses. The BA collaborated with the Downer team to identify key performance indicators (KPIs) and designed a visually appealing Power BI dashboard to display information such as open changes, reviews in progress, pending reviews, and closed changes.
- User Training and Documentation: The BA conducted comprehensive user training sessions to ensure a smooth transition to the new Document Bank solution. Detailed documentation was provided, including user manuals and guidelines for using the upgraded system effectively.
The collaboration between N2N Solutions and Downer resulted in several significant outcomes and benefits:
- Upgraded Document Bank Solution: The TDS application was successfully upgraded to the new Document Bank solution, leveraging the latest SharePoint capabilities and enhanced document management features.
- Seamless Migration: Documents and their associated version history were migrated seamlessly from the TDS system to the Document Bank solution.
- Improved user experience: This will improve user/staff member experience to Document Bank solution.